How Leftism Took Over The West

We handed them a sword of invincibility, according to this interesting piece at AmRen:

After the war, the United States and its allies decided to put as much distance as possible between their nations and Nazism, which they came to define as the refusal to accept diversity. In retrospect, we can see that this set the stage for dismantling the existing particularisms in Western societies. Rejecting nationalism and distinctions between racial groups as retrograde–and even as akin to Nazism–eventually led to the Immigration Act of 1965. Repudiation of national traditions paved the way for massive immigration of non-whites into Europe as well as North America–immigration that is transforming and could ultimately destroy the victors in World War II. In the last few years, Angela Merkel has opened Germany to massive Third-World immigration as well, so the vanquished may be submerged along with the victors.

Dying societies agree on little. What do we agree on? At first Americans had positive goals, but once the WASP uniformity was broken up by the introduction of Southern, Eastern and Irish Europeans, this consensus evaporated. Diversity of any form is destructive because it removes the sense of a shared positive goal and standards.

With nothing positive to agree on, we could only come together on what we hated — or feared. If Hitler was right, our mixed-white population was also doomed. This made us take the pro-diversity position. After that, any idea that could be styled as anti-diversity was doomed to fail; this was the sword of invincibility.

At that point, the game became a simple one every child plays: find some way to argue that your opponent is doing the one bad thing. This requires some way of linking their actions with the bad thing, usually through a tenuous chain of arguments. For Leftists, victory came through theories of disparate impact.

Under impact-based theories, anti-diversity thought exists wherever diversity is not working.

You can see how circular this reasoning is. If diversity is not working, it is because Anti-Diversity Satan has made it fail. And, even better, he has done so deliberately, because he is cruel. This allowed the transformation of all who were not pro-diversity into Klansmen and concentration camp guards in the eyes of the public.

At this point, it is clear that diversity has ended the United States. In order to subsidize the vast underclass, it has converted itself into a Soviet-style system of redistribution which has taxed its middle class out of existence, and created enough social problems that most places in most cities above 100,000 are dangerous and only having a lot of money buys you into the nice places.

The real question now is whether conservatives will wake up and stop complaining about specific groups (Muslims, Negroes, Jews) and recognize that all diversity is harmful, and that America must return to its WASP roots much as Europe needs to return to its indigenous cultures. The goal is not complain about these groups, but to assert our own group and our right to exclude all others so we have self-determination and rule by our own culture.

Much as other empires, such as the French and Russians, ended themselves by going down the Leftist path, now the West has followed them, having disregarded the examples of the Greeks and Romans.

Leftism succeeds because it sets up an idea that is socially unacceptable to oppose, which is that everyone must be concluded and all of us must validate each other. That notion appeals to our human desire for control, to keep others from rising above us or getting ahead of us in ability, and it is a force like the gravity that implodes elderly planets.

Since each generation is born anew, it can be resisted, but only by a society that holds true to its cultural values and opposes socializing and social philosophies like Leftism. Such a society might seem plain to our eyes: good basic living, not much excitement, heavy emphasis on morality and strong naturalistic rituals.

And yet, it would not be a suicide cult like the West has become.

Tags: , ,

14 Responses to “How Leftism Took Over The West”

1. Badmar says:

No need to destroy yourself for Satan. ;)

2. avraham says:

People were thinking thus: anything associated with the Nazis became evil by definition. The further one could distance himself from the Nazis the more he was able to maintain legitimacy. That made debate impossible.

• The further one could distance himself from the Nazis the more he was able to maintain legitimacy. That made debate impossible.

Good point. It also ensured an acceleration of Leftward drift.

3. avraham says:

Wasp’s tend to take their social meme from Luther [even though in theory they come from Calvin]. I am not happy with Luther.

• While I find Catholicism to have its problems, and could never participate there, the fatal flaw of Protestantism is its individualism. The idea of a personal interpretation of religion, rather than an actual one, is bizarre to me. That being said, some of these guys contributed insightful scholarship. Calvin in particular had some great points, including his defense of determinism, which is mirrored in Blake.

• Paul says:

I’ve been on both sides of that fence (Catholic and Protestant) my complaint against Catholics – they have a pope who is the vicar of Christ and it purported to be infallible when “speaking from the seat of Peter”; my complaint against protestants is they have no hierarchy thus anything goes.

One breeds corruption, the other breeds heresy.

The issue I have with racial purity, for example, is I’m a mutt. I’ve got German, British and Irish heritage. Were does that leave me? Ideologically and culturally, I’m inline with the WASPs.

Does culture and ideology trump who I was born from? Diversity has largely made mutts out of a very large portion of the population.

• Ideologically and culturally, I’m inline with the WASPs.

Some decisions are on a case-by-case basis, and a lot depends on the genetics of the Irish with whom you share heritage and how much of them is present in the bloodline. I suppose we also should ask whether you would be happy in Ireland, if it came down to that.

• Paul says:

Realistically, do you believe that an adequate number of pure WASPs will ever unify and press for the desired governing and cultural goals that are expressed here?

The question if I’d be OK in Ireland is odd, I’m more British (actually born there, citizen w/passport even) and just as much (or more) German than Irish (the language I took in college).

Is their a physiological basis for the “WAS” part of WASP that would preclude mutts from being included in a WASP society? (assuming the mutts share the cultural and ideological values)

4. avraham says:

I never was able to study Calvin and the little I did see was many sermons. I just fail to see anything like the genius of Aquinas or Anselm in the Protestants. The best they seem to have is Hegel. But Hegel is not exactly what they themselves are looking for. He is a kind of secularized religion.

• I tend to agree with Nietzsche’s critique of Hegel: his dialectic boils down to cherry-picking. “First I thought this, but then it failed so I incorporated a bit of that, and now I have achieved a compromise which makes me feel as if I have resolved something.”

5. avraham says:

Some people besides you are unhappy with Hegel. That is the Kant Fries school of Kelley Ross. His opinion about Hegel makes me hesitant to say anything positive. Still the way I see Hegel is he was talking on one aspect of reality [the phenomenon aspect]. That is I can see him in a Kantian kind of framework. In any case, he does provide support of nationalism. To me this makes sense also from a Howard Bloom perspective of the super-organism.

I also wanted to add an idea I wrote on my blog today about Hegel:

You could justify Hegel in this way: he is referring to a plane of existence in which objective idealism is true. The relation between Hegel and Kant is the same as the relation between Quantum Mechanics and relativity. Both are true but refer to two separate planes of existence. We know both are true. GPS proves both Special Relativity and General Relativity every day. The double slit experiment proves quantum mechanics. [GR says the clock on the satellite will go faster since it is further out from earth. SR says it goes slower because it is moving. So you adjust its rate by about 38 micro seconds per day slower.]

6. Gabriel M. says:

This article immediately brought me to mind Nil Desperandum’s 4 articles “Christianity as a Necessary Foundation for White Nationalism”…which specifically would be the Reformation era Christianity that formed north and western Europe. ;)

• Gabriel M. says:

Whereas post-Protestant scholastic “Enlightenment” philosophy is what began to POISON western Europe…(though, to be fair, we may also count the unrelated southern-Scottish Calvinism/Puritanism as a poison just as bad which brought on the British Civil War…but that was short-lived anyway, thank GOD lol! William Law for the win!